Kingpins Show Presents: Most Sustainable Products (MSP)
Highlighting the denim industry’s latest sustainable, responsible and circular products and processes
WHAT IS MSP?
In response to buyers and brands seeking guidance on sustainable resources at Kingpins Shows, Kingpins’ Most Sustainable Products (MSP) was launched in 2019. MSP is an initiative that objectively vets and identifies the top sustainable offerings on the show floor and acts as a guide for buyers and brands searching for valuable, reliable information regarding sustainable products.
– MSP represents the continuous Sustainable Innovation (SI) efforts of the denim manufacturing industry
– MSP is meant to inspire denim developers and denim lovers on the beauty of SI Denim
– MSP is not a competition but a selection of the most exciting articles displayed at Kingpins Show by all exhibitors
– MSP is an annual initiative and is not tied to a particular fashion season.
– MSP Collection: Garments designed by globally renowned denim designer Piero Turk, stitched by a best-in-class manufacturer and finished and washed by experts Tonello
– MSP Collection is expressing the powerful allure of the combination Sustainability + Innovation + Style
If you want to join the next edition of MSP, your company must meet or exceed our standards in the areas of corporate social responsibility (CSR), environment, and chemical usage. The MSP program collaborated with the ZDHC Foundation and relates to the ZDHC CMS Framework.
Kingpins’ Technology Leader Miguel Sanchez will select the 10 MSP’s for 2023, based on the following criteria:
– Your company must be a current Kingpins Show Exhibitor
– Your company must cover Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) standard
– We invite you to join the ZDHC Gateway Platform and start work on Chemical Management System Framework and Waste Water Guidelines 2.0 (click link)
– We applaud companies starting the Supplier-to-Zero Program (click link)
Fabric / Material Criteria:
– Innovative character
– Representative of the company’s efforts to invest in a positive/more advanced denim
– Related to Operational Safety & Health procedures (OSH) and environmental stress reduction such as:
– Application processes improve OSH conditions for workers
– Usage of new fibres/materials
– Application systems have a reduction on required resources (water, energy) in the manufacturing
– Application systems reduce emissions (air -GHG-, solid -waste-, liquid -effluents-)
– Combination of the above factors is a plus
– Aesthetic aspects: the selected fabric facilitates ways for new looks and effects, with a commercial potential
WANT TO JOIN?
If your company and fabric/material meet the criteria, please download the application and return by November 25.
15 – 20 Exhibitors will be chosen as finalist for the selected 10 MSP’s of 2023.
In your application, you will be asked to provide the following:
Concise information about one fabric/article representing your responsibility efforts the best to submit for MSP 2023:
– Product Specifications
– Short description of the fabric/article
– Short explanation about why you have chosen this specific fabric/article
Selection process will be between November 25 and December 2nd.
In order to confirm (technical) claims, hence preventing greenwashing, the company standards and preselected fabrics will be directly discussed with our selected finalist list of 15 – 20 exhibitors. Based on these conversations, the final selection for MSP 2023 will be made.
Please send your completed application form to:
About Kingpins The Kingpins Show is an invitation-only, boutique denim sourcing show featuring a highly-edited selection of vendors that include denim and sportswear fabric mills from the U.S., Japan, China, India, Italy, Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan, Thailand, Spain and Mexico; wash houses; full package manufacturers; trim providers; and makers of technology, wash chemicals and business solutions. Kingpins, which launched in 2004, produces biannual shows in New York and Amsterdam, as well as annual shows in Hong Kong and China.